Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Motivation- Official Crescent City Classic Blogger

 I am so excited to announce that I have been asked to join an inspirational group of bloggers for next years Crescent City Classic.


What is the Crescent City Classic? 
Since 1979 New Orleans has been host to one of the nations largest 10k's. With over 20,000 people gathering in Downtown New Orleans, it's an event that attracts everyone from international Elite Athletes to those who walk the entire route carrying cocktails or wearing bunny suits. Young, old, fit and not so, the Crescent City Classic was the first 10k to be televised nationally, and is, to this day, perhaps the most fun you can have over 6.2 miles.  The Classic has been praised in every major running publication as “one of America’s fastest 10k’s”, “the originator of the party race”, “an Easter Weekend tradition that should never be missed” and “a great race, on a beautiful course in America’s most unique city”.

This year is going to be first time attending the event and I'm so honored to be included with such a great group of bloggers. There's nothing like running a race with friends. I'm sure we are all going to have a weekend to remember in the "big easy". Make sure to check out all of there blogs and get inspired. 

Larisa @ www.larisadixon.com
Mindy @ www.roadrunnergirl.com
Kristin @ www.bamagirlruns.com
Nicole @ www.ndeckerrunner.wordpress.com
Lisa @ www.triouradventure.com
AMP @ www.ampruns.blogspot.com
Megan @ www.runninmysouthernmouth.blogspot.com
Holly @ www.Runninginfastforward.com
Cindy @ www.fattofitwithcindylaneross.com
Jen @ www.jenzenator.com/
Fred @ www.NOLArunner.com

This is my first Monday Motivation (on this blog) with the cold Winter weather working its way down South. The chilly air has been my motivation to get outside and get in the miles. I've quickly learned that I need to ask Santa for some warmer running gear (gloves, hat, full length pants, & thicker socks), but it wasn't too bad after I got going. I'm going to try sticking to my road miles and avoid the gym at all costs. Unless we have ice and snow again like last year, which is crazy considering I live in South Alabama.  


What's motivating you this week?

Run Fast,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment